DORSET APPLE CAKE
Something yummy from Laura B!
"Please note that these measurements are British Imperial measurements. Use the measurement converter on the
to convert the measurements to ones which make more sense to you."
8oz S.R. Flour
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
12oz Evenly Diced Apples
4 tbsp Milk (approx.)
1-2 tsp Castor Sugar
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 - 350 deg F. - 180 deg C.
2. Grease & line base of 8" deep cake tin.
3. Sieve flour into bowl.
4. Add fat & rub in to resemble bread crumb mixture.
5. Stir in cinnamon & sugar & diced apples.
6. Mix to a soft dropping consistency with egg & milk.
7. Spoon into prepared tin. Bake for lhr to lhr 15mins until cooked.
8. Sprinkle with castor sugar and leave to cool in the tin.